10 Minute Grammar Episode #9: Interjections (Parts of Speech Order series)
About this episode
Welcome to another episode of 10 Minute Grammar!
This is number 8 in our Parts of Speech series--the eighth part of speech that we teach/learn for sentence building!
1. Noun marker: THE
2. Noun: The CAT
3. Adjective: The SNEAKY cat
4. Verb: The sneaky cat CLIMBS.
5. Adverb: The sneaky cat EASILY climbs.
6. Pronoun: The sneaky cat easily climbs trees. HE uses HIS claws.
7. Prepositions: The sneaky cat easily climbs trees. He uses his claws ON TREES.
8. TODAY!!! Interjection: YES, the sneaky cat easily climbs trees. He uses his claws on trees.
My, well, oh
Wow, yes, no
Two ways to use them in sentences:
1) Interjected at the beginning of sentences:
a. Yes, the cat climbs.
b. No, he doesn't bite.
2) As stand alone sentences with an exclamation point following:
Products mentioned in this episode:
1. CAVES---what a sentence contains poster set
2. Beginning Think Fast Quiz for memorizing parts of speech
3. Advanced Think Fast Quiz for memorizing parts of speech
4. Checklist Challenge FREE book and video set for application of grammar to writing!
Look me up for more information and links to my resources:
Language Arts Lady Blog
Language Arts Lady Store
Teachers Pay Teachers Store
How I Teach YouTube Channel
How I Teach Episodes
Monday Mini Mail (Archived Articles)
10Minute Grammar Podcast
Facebook/Language Arts Lady
2022-2023 Classes and Tutoring
All LAL Freebies
How I Teach iTunes